Sunday, September 30, 2007

Calfornia

I am ashamed to admit I am 33 years old and just went to California for the first time in my life. It was a quick trip for business. Luckily I went with a coworker who used to have second home there, so she gave me the most wonderful tour. We flew into LA on Monday and spent the afternoon sightseeing along the coast. The beaches were gorgeous - we stopped at Herimosa and Manhattan Beach. I couldn't get over that you didn't have to pay to go on the beach (ha, I am too used to the New Jersey ways)!

We also went touring down Sunset Boulevard and in the ritzy neighborhoods including Bel Air where we saw these funny, funny trees!

Tuesday and Wednesday were spent in a training course, but we did manage to get out for two great dinners. On Monday we went to a little sushi place and on Tuesday we went to angelini's - an Italian restaurant owned and run by a friend of Sharon's - absoulutely wonderful food and ambiance! Here is a photo of Sharon and I at dinner - this was after all the free wine, so we were very smilely!!

The best part of the trip was instead of staying in separate hotel rooms we roomed together and for the same price got a room at the Beverly Hills Wilshire 4 seasons! The best beds ever. Here is a view from our hotel room - overlooking Hollywood Hills.
I can see the appeal of California. It was a beautiful place with beautiful weather, but I'll take Colorado anyday!!

No comments: