Sunday, August 26, 2007

Another perfect day in Boulder, CO

Like any working person I cherish my weekends. Having moved to Boulder last year from the east coast I cannot tell you how great the weather is here - sun, sun, sun. Back east on any given sunny weekend day I felt I had to be outside soaking up every last enjoyable ray as the chance of rain or miserable weather were (are) pretty good there. Living in Colorado sunny days are so abundant! I feel less pressure to enjoy them and as a result enjoy my days more - if that makes sense . . . . here is a typical weekend day . . . this one happens to be yesterday.
Our day begins (as does every weekend day) with a bike ride around Boulder. Michel investigates new trails all week and then takes me on a new route every weekend. It is amazing the network of paved trails in this city. My favorite route is all along the Boulder Creek path - absolutely amazing. Here is a picture of Michel leading the way and one of the Boulder creeks as I pass over one of the many bridges. It is funny that we see more wildlife on our bike rides around town then we do when we head up into the mountains. Yesterday we saw a Blue Heron fishing. Three weeks ago we saw 5 turkey buzzards on a fence not 4 feet from us. They were hanging out by the prarie dog community, so I was suspicious of their intentions. I am sad I didn't have my camera with me that day - it was a site!!
We finished our morning ride with a trip to the farmer's market - the peaches and cucumbers are amazing this time of year. I also bought some edamame - my first time not buying it frozen!
The rest of the day consisted of knitting, an ice hockey game at night with the girls, and then home to drink wine and watch a movie with Michel . . . doesn't get any better than that!!!

No comments: